Resume Wisdom - Some Items To Avoid
The following lines were taken from real resumes and cover letters - excerpted from the July 21, 1997, issue of Fortune.
- I demand a salary commiserate with my extensive experience.
- Received a plague for Salesperson of the Year.
- Reason for leaving last job: maturity leave.
- Wholly responsible for two (2) failed financial institutions.
- Its best for employers that I not work with people.
- Lets meet, so you can ooh and aah over my experience.
- You will want me to be Head Honcho in no time.
- I was working for my mom until she decided to move.
- Marital status: single. Unmarried. Unengaged. Uninvolved. No commitments.
- I am loyal to my employer at all costs ... Please feel free to respond to my resume on my office voice mail.
- As indicted, I have over five years of analyzing investments.
- Instrumental in ruining entire operation for a Midwest chain store.
- Note: Please dont miscontrue my 14 jobs as job-hopping. I have never quit a job.
- Marital status: often. Children: various.
- The company made me a scapegoat, just like my three previous employers.
Layout and Design Copyright © 1998 by Hon
All Rights Reserved
This document was last modified on: